During our son's bone marrow transplant, we began referring to our family as "Team Winchell" to make meaningful to both of our sons the way our family would stick together, no matter the challenge. Team Winchell has grown to include their sister, who has Down syndrome. We continue, seven years post-transplant, to navigate this life of adoption, special needs, and medical crises, and to do it with our humor, spirituality, and sanity (mostly) intact.
Welcome to the Team Winchell blog!
"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small." --Mother Teresa
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
sadness tonight
Feeling sad tonight. A close family member (not living in our household, but someone close to us) is in the hospital and is going to need sudden surgery this week. Also, Moriah is showing signs of heart failure in the last few days...I got so little sleep last night because I kept waking up to listen to her loud, way-too-fast breathing, and counting her respirations per minute. I called the cardiologist today and he put her on a medication to take fluid from her lungs and help her heart to function better; we hope it will improve her labored breathing. She's also not eating as much, or as efficiently. She's overtired, and fussing more...it looks like surgery is most likely, and maybe sooner than we thought. I'm not surprised by this, just exhausted and sad for all the difficult news today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so sorry! That is awful that you have to watch your baby go through this!
I'm sorry.
Post a Comment