We are so, so relieved to report that Moriah's heart is fully repaired, pumping on its own, and doing beautifully. The doctors keep telling us how beautifully her surgery went, and her nurse here in the Cardiac ICU says she's "perfect" and right where they want her to be. I have so much to write about today, but want at least to share our good news with you, and to share photos of Moriah as she looks tonight (she's sedated and intubated). I'm staying with Moriah while she's in the hospital (probably about a week), and Jason is back and forth, managing the boys at home and visiting us, too. We hope Moriah will be off the ventilator tomorrow (you can see that tube going into her nose in the photos) and will be free of the tube going into her mouth, which is pumping bile and air out of her stomach. Tomorrow, we may get to see her face without anything attached! If all goes as planned, we'll leave the Cardiac ICU Saturday for the Cardiac floor, and hopefully leave for home about a week from today.
Friends, THANK YOU for your prayers today. We were much-sustained and are so grateful for all your love and support. While the photos of Moriah may look scary to you, to us they represent the start of her new life, and the potential she now has to live long, and well. Celebrate with us--Moriah's healed heart day!
Off to bed...it's been a long, long day and I am so tired. Many thanks to you all for loving us today.
4 comments:
thanks be to God! wonderful news!
This am I remembered the verse from Ezekiel 36:26 "I will give you a new heart and pur a new spirit in you.." So grateful to our wonderful, faithful and gracious God for bringing Moriah though the surgery without incident. We continue to believe for a full and speedy recovery, and a long happy life.
So so glad!
Dear Missy,
I am so glad the surgery went wellfor Moriah. I have been praying for Moriah, and her family! You will be pleased to know that Mike (Aisling's grandfather/Dziadzi) had Moriah prayed for at St. John's High School yesterday! so many prayers for such a tiny little girl.
We will keep praying for her and for all of you.
Cathie N
Post a Comment