Welcome to the Team Winchell blog!

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small." --Mother Teresa

Monday, September 28, 2009

home today!

We should be leaving the hospital within an hour or so! I can't believe it...over the weekend, they said they'd do an echocardiogram today and possibly we'd go home tomorrow morning. But today they determined we are all set to go home; we're just waiting for a last check-up with the nurse practicioner and the cardiologist and our discharge papers. I can't believe it.

Saw Moriah's heart of the post-op echocardiogram study today. Mom and I could see all four chambers, the valves between them, and the two patches on the septal wall (the wall that divides the atria and ventricles). I had this overwhelming feeling of all that conspired to make Moriah well...the expansion of the cardiology clinic here at Children's in the 1970's (as our nurse, who has been here since then, told us), a man named Dr. Emani who decided at some point in his life to pursue cardiac surgery...so many little details, all coming together to bring health to our little girl. How does one say thank you for such a conspiracy of love? I am truly grateful, and our daughter is well because of so many people who chose a particular life course to better the lives of sick children. This is a God-work, as it is marked by love, and I am humbled again to see it sneak into our lives and make another one of our children whole. To have two children reborn to us by miracle-medicine, this is a divine work, and we are unsure how to even say thanks.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Praise the Lord God Almighty! Those pictures.......she is beautiful. I am overwhelmed!

Unknown said...

Praise God! Marcia Smith