Welcome to the Team Winchell blog!

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small." --Mother Teresa

Sunday, July 26, 2009

in Beverly

as emailed July 18th

Moriah and I both made it out of Boston yesterday, and were reunited at Beverly's Special Care Nursery by dinnertime last night. It was an exhausting night...we were both so tired, and made more tired by keeping up with a 3-hour feeding schedule. But there is SO much good news about Moriah, and after catching a few hours of sleep last night, I'm feeling so much more rested again.

Moriah will be able to come home when she is off an IV, maintaining her own glucose levels from our feedings, and keeping herself warm. Overnight, she came off the IV, and so far today, is maintaining her sugar levels (yay for milk!) AND keeping herself warm, though she's bundled up like a little Eskimo. I am so, so proud of her! We're figuring out a new feeding ritual, so that she's not burning too many calories on feeding, and getting the energy she needs to sustain herself, and now that I've wrapped my head around the changes, it's working beautifully.

No comments: