That was, until we got TO the pet store and were told we would need a MUCH bigger cage for 2 birds.
After THAT it became our investment, too...a Club Med for keets. sigh.
However, the birds are HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY and I have to say, it's the new family entertainment to sit in our "orange room" upstairs and watch them.
And so, for your viewing pleasure, Orilus' parakeet Flash (the yellow one) and Jackson's parakeet (what else?) Thunder, in blue. Both boys are doing a bang-up job at getting the birds tame (by sticking their hands in there quite incessantly, petting them, and trying to get them to sit on their finger). It's actually rather satisfying to watch them work so hard at something (although I keep wondering if our birds are going to be traumatized by the amount of "training" they are getting). "Feelings doctors" for birds, anyone? :)
4 comments:
Welcome to the family, Flash and Thunder! (did I get those names right?) Thank you so much for caling us this weekend, it was so wonderful to hear your voices and your laughter! We miss you terribly.
Aunt Becky & Uncle Mike
Enjoy the new pets, boys!
Hey, wait...we heard somewhere that if you play the harmonica really loudly, the parakeets will chirp along! Try it out!
ahahhahahahhahaaa!
Yea!! Two birds are more fun than one and not much more work! (only more feathers floating around, hahaha) Have fun boys, I can't wait to see them sitting on your fingers. I love their names, very fitting to their feather colors.
love to all!
Gramma D
Post a Comment