Welcome to the Team Winchell blog!

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small." --Mother Teresa

Sunday, March 2, 2008

quite a week

Well, I almost had time this week to post that my herb garden is beginning to grow (so exciting...it's been so long since I've made anything from seed, so I am unusually amazed). But the week turned out to be challenging. As I'm typing with limited mobility, I will post a list of prayer requests below, and keep this brief:

* On Wed, I sliced open my left hand while teaching my ESL biology class (my first day doing so without my co-teacher, who fell and broke 2 bones on Tuesday, needing plates and screws...pray for her, she is in for a long recovery, and I am sad without her). Off I went to the ER for stitches...
* On Friday Jason and I went to a cooking class (his Christmas present from me), and while chopping fennel on a Japanese cutter thing, I sliced off the top of my right index finger (hence the difficulty typing). Bled for HOURS. Pain-full.
* Sick, sick, sick this week. Orilus' fever lingered much of the week, and his cold. And I'm sick with a sore throat, cough, and laryngitis.
* And truly, my friend and co-teacher does need prayer for her leg to heal. Also, since this is the couple who was looking at our house, many of our plans to proceed with buying are obviously and indefinitely on hold. Pray that their lives will not be "on hold" for too long, for the sake of their own sanity! We are trusting God has a plan for them, and for us, in all this.

A week in which we see how quickly life can change...

Love from a quiet and healing Winchell house

3 comments:

Tracy Novick said...

good heavens! Keep yourself away from all sharp objects this week, huh?

Rebecca said...

Seriously, sister! Crazy times!

Unknown said...

geez! Watch out! Ow!

So sorry about your coworker :-( That sounds really painful.