There have been so many things for which to be thankful this week, and I have had so much less time to get them on "paper" here. But I do want to share our greatest reason for thanks. On Friday night, our neurologist called to say he had read Moriah's EEG report, and she is officially seizure-free. Even after I described the strange "startles" I had noticed in the last week or so, he was confident they were not seizures. He's not confident her seizures won't ever return (Moriah is considered officially "epileptic," so it's hard to know what her future holds), but the odds are in our favor: eighty percent of kids who respond this well to ACTH (steroids) remain seizure-free for life. We are praying that will be true for Moriah, too.
In the meantime, we are celebrating a HUGE answer to prayer--that the ACTH "worked" and we are enjoying a seizure-free season of life, a steorid-free season of life. I was holding Moriah and feeding her when the neurologist called, and when I hung up the phone, I sat with her in the rocking chair in her bedroom and cried and cried. "Moriah," I told her over and over, "Jesus has healed you again. He did it again."
Other thanks: a really fun ESL job, an amazingly transformative Lenten retreat with Val last weekend, time this weekend to take the boys to the gym and to BE together as a family. And now, the crazy week of my full-on work schedule begins, and you probably won't hear from me again for many days. Just know we are thankful here, and thank God with us.
No comments:
Post a Comment