Moriah is definitely on the mend here at home. Yesterday, "on the mend" meant a lot of fussiness...I think she was just plain uncomfortable. Those you who've had surgeries know how annoying even a scar can be, so I can't imagine how uncomfortable Moriah must feel, with a scar covering a broken sternum and a healing heart, even with Tylenol. It was a LONG day...she wouldn't sleep, and cried a ton, which is very unlike her. She did finally get a good night's sleep last night, and seems to be back on track today, returning to her usual 3-hour rhythmic cycle. The visiting nurse made her first visit this morning and we were happy to discover that Moriah weighs over 10 pounds now--since her surgery, she's been eating like a champ! And the nurse confirmed that despite Moriah's fussiness, she looks and sounds great.
I'm definitely recovering after the intense week of surgery last week, and am off to recuperate today, alone, while Jason stays home with Moriah. I'm hoping to find a quiet place for reflection and prayer, a good lunch, and a nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment