Welcome to the Team Winchell blog!

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small." --Mother Teresa

Friday, February 6, 2009

17 weeks


Thought I'd share the first photo I've actually taken of me pregnant...taken last week, near the end of my 16th week. It really is strange how this is our first pregnancy, but given that it's our third child, I don't have the energy/interest in doing a lot of the things that I think first-time moms do (ie chronicling the pregnancy in pictures, reading stacks of pregnancy books, talking about baby names)...mostly, we're too busy trying to help Orilus (who will be 13 next month) navigate the onset of puberty, and remembering to encourage Jackson often for the amazing year he's having by all accounts.


This week is week 17--Sunday will be the start of 18, and Monday our ultrasound, which will hopefully bring news of the sex of our baby! We're all hoping for a girl, so we'll see. :)

A busy, busy week...another Henry Avenue Park meeting at our house Monday night, two classes, two dinner meetings, lots of boys' homework, two basketbal practices...AND I have class tomorrow morning! But it makes nights like this one so precious--the JOY of being home, of taking the dog on an hour-long walk with Jason, of playing Catan with the boys (seriously, the best game ever, and not just because I win every time). :)
Off to go to bed in time to do my now-usual Saturday morning routine of a 6 am breakfast at Panera (I'm craving their cinnamon crunch bagels lately) surrounded by schoolbooks...and all before my 9am class in Boston. No wonder I've been so tired, even in the second trimester.
Oh, and wanted to say to all the comments from the last posting...I've been taking Tums (apparently calf cramps can be caused by calcium deficiency, too), and it has helped a TON. Lots of calf stretches, an extra yogurt a day, and Tums, and I've had only one night wakening all week (and incidentally, that was the day I forgot to take any Tums and didn't eat the extra yogurt). So thanks, all!

2 comments:

Family Memoirs said...

I can completely relate to the feeling that you're experiencing as it relates to having 2 children, and then having your first pregnancy. Definitely not easy, but be assured - so rewarding and blessed in the end. If you ever need more encouragement, please don't hesitate to contact me. You guys are sooo in our prayers!

Tracy Novick said...

And if you're very, very lucky, you'll have a delivery like Lisa's.

(But so few do...)

:P