Well, this week marks our first week of the regular routine. I'm back in school.
After a week of dreaded anticipation, as always, I find that being back in routine is much easier than anticipating the change in routine. I'm taking an ethnography class on Tuesday nights (translation: a style of research that studies cultures and writes in a story-like form) and I'm supposed to be taking an organization theory class tonight (translation: the study of various theories of how organizations function and how to lead them), but with the snow day today, UMass, too, is cancelled.
I can't say I'm disappointed. I had yet another agonizing night of calf cramps last night, interrupting my sleep and leaving me writhing (is this to increase my pain tolerance and/or my ability to function the next day on interrupted sleep?). And I was still (trying to) catch up on sleep from a too-busy weekend--so much fun seeing family (the Winchells Saturday evening and my sister's going away to Liberia party on Sunday), but very long with hours of homework for my classes, Orilus' hours of homework, and basketball games. So it WAS good to sleep in until 8 this morning and have some time to get to some items on our to-do lists. We've also been learning how to play Settlers of Catan today with the boys, which is a really interesting game and a lot of fun.
Thankful this week that my sister and husband got off safely to Liberia (am hoping they arrive tonight!), for a friend's successful surgery, for a few friends' birthdays to celebrate, for Chinese New Year and the fun party we joined Sunday night with our Chinese friends, for time to be home today, and for new and invigorating classes and research work. And the baby (now the size of an...avocado? How weird is that!) is apparently doing well...February 9th, we'll find out if it's a boy or girl (we hope).
3 comments:
I had those leg cramps when I was pregnant with Isa! They told me I needed more iron in my diet, although I found that didn't really help either. Jessica Bishop
I had leg cramps with all of my pregnancies. They are a real pain. It has something to do with potassium. Eat a banana before you go to bed. It helped me. It really did. Seriously.
oh...sorry...no pun intended. I did however wake up all the time! Not much can prepare you for sleepless nights. You just kinda walk around getting things done those first few months without really realizing that it's getting done. Coffee helps too.
Post a Comment