Welcome to the Team Winchell blog!

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small." --Mother Teresa

Friday, August 1, 2008

new way of living

I'm making the transition from academic to manual laborer. :)

On Wednesday, I completed the final paper (a rough draft of a dissertation proposal) for my doctoral classes. I'm finished with classes now! To say that I LOVED them probaby sounds completely nerdy, but is also the total truth. My dad would understand when I say that I ventured to the 9th floor of the UMass Boston library last week (to find some books in the stacks), and when the elevator opened on the 9th floor, I almost cried, I was so happy. Rows and rows on books...my version of heaven on earth...

Since Wednesday afternoon, I've become a full-time laborer (Jason keeps teasing me that I've gone from academia to blue collar). We're working day and night on our new house. Lots of things have been CRAZY wrong--fleas, a water main break under the street in front of our house (apparently the sound of a rushing waterfall is NOT a sound you want to hear in your home), fleas, some windows covered by panelling, mold, fleas, lights that don't work for no apparent reason, fleas, wallpaper that all but refuses to come off. Did I mention we had a flea infestation, too?

Um, yeah. It's been quite a different world for me these last few days!

No comments: