This morning I woke up wide awake at 5:00 am, nearly laughing. And I thought immediately of Sarah, Abraham's wife, who laughed when she was told that God was going to do a miracle. Her laughter--and her husband's--was so prominent that when God gave them the son He had promised, they named him "he who laughs."
I'm laughing this morning because every now and then, God completely surprises. Yesterday afternoon in a flurry of email and phone calls, we received word that the 2-family on Henry Avenue is moving in the right direction! We're going today to sign a Purchase and Sale on our offer. The seller loves our offer, but because it's a short sale, the seller's bank needs to approve it still. But the bank has had another appraisal done, something for which our broker told us many buyers wait months and months in this market to happen. And we waited just one week!
Thanks for your prayers. I love it when God surprises us with a "yes." Mostly, I love praying directly, because then the answer...be it "no," or "maybe," or "wait" is always so clear. Prayer is such a gift to my awareness of God's activity in this life. And yesterday evening after these phone calls and a retirement party at which so many Spirit-moments touched me, it was so evident that He is involved here in our life, and in our city.
And we continue to pray daily for Eddie...
1 comment:
YAY! I can't wait to see this new house!!! It's so exciting to seeing your community dream come to life!
Post a Comment