Last month, Jackson took first place in his class' poetry contest. Here are 2 of his submissions (they came home today among the piles of last-day-of-school papers and notebooks). Happy last day of 3rd and 4th grade, boys!
WHAT IF POEM
Last night, while I lay thinking here
some what ifs came inside my ear
and pranced and partied all night long
and sang their same what if song.
What if I blow up and you need to let some air out of me?
What if I turn funky funky boom man?
What if I forgot my girlfriend's house?
What if I forget my lunchbox?
What if I eat too much brownies?
What if I have babies?
What if I turn a hundred years old?
What if I suddenly got shorter?
What if I can't find my other shoe?
What if I turn into a monster?
What if I can't stop farting?
What if I turn very blue?
Everything seems well, and then
the nighttime what ifs strike again!
I AM...
I am smart and tall
I wonder how God created the earth
I hear dogs bark when I go to sleep
I see imaginary people when I go to bed
I want to get a motorcycle when I grow up
I am smart and tall
I pretend that I can do an arial
I feel very very itchy from laying on the rocks
I touched my imaginary horse he goes very fast
I worry that nobody is left on the earth
I cry when my brother hits me
I am smart and tall
I understand people don't have power only God
I say angels can dress like real people
I dream that God touched my head
I hope people can change the world
I am smart and tall
1 comment:
Jackson,
I love your poems! You are a great writer - just like your mom.
Love, Gramma D
Post a Comment