It's been a while since we've last written; I've been struggling with exhaustion and not feeling well. But today I read something that puts life back into perspective.
Some of you remember Grace, the beautiful little girl who lived next door to our room on the transplant floor. Sadly, her parents have taken her home to die; she is very unwell, and her disease (a very rare cancer) has spread and is beyond treatment. Please keep Grace and her family in your prayers this week as they find ways to say good-bye and to grieve. My heart goes out to them completely.
Others (and this seems so random at times) are bettering. Eddie, for example, is making some progress, very slow, but progress nonetheless. He's certainly excited for his event tomorrow--though he won't be there, he's been working hard to contribute to it, baking for the bake sale, and painting a work of art for our auction. :) We hope many of you will come out to Tatiana's tomorrow night to support him and his family. We're especially excited at the way our community of transplant friends is coming together tomorrow--a few families who've had bone marrow transplants will be there, as well as Eddie's nurse from 6 West. How cool.
And others are completely well. Orilus and Jackson are thriving (with the usual hiccups of misbehaviors common to 4th and 3rd graders). :) Both plan to attend tomorrow night, and are looking forward to celebrating with many of you a complete recovery, and hope for Eddie's complete recovery.
Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow night. As we celebrate, we will remember Grace, and remember again how much we are, all of us, in need of the gifts only God can give.
Grace of Jesus be with us all,
Melissa
3 comments:
Oh...I'm so sad to hear about Grace. My heart goes out to her family. I can't imagine how difficult and painful this all has been for them. Praying for a poignant and sweet week together.
The event tonight is going to rock!
I'm so sorry to hear this news. I'll be praying for Grace and her family.
Please do let Grace's family know how many of us are holding them in prayer and in our hearts. How very very sad.
Post a Comment