Two new videos I just took of Moriah tonight. One is of her moving and laughing...I love her new laugh, it sounds like a cough and just cracks me up. The other is of her rolling...I caught it on film. She's rolling frequently and easily now, and (as you can see) is doing really well at holding up her head while on her belly.
You'll notice Moriah looks really big in these videos. The steroids have caused her to gain some weight and have inflated her face--she has "steroid cheeks," as we call them. It's not your imagination if she seems much bigger than before (she's well over 18 pounds now). You may still be able to see some of her head-marks healing from the brain leads, and the scratches on her nose are her typical my-nose-is-no-match-for-my-grip scratches. We, though, are admiring the new hair bow that arrived in the mail for her this week (thanks, Jill!). And loving her smile, of course. Now that she's started her steroid wean, she's begun sleeping more and smiling more in the last 24 hours. We're so happy to see her return, bit by bit. And so far, we've seen no seizures...we continue to pray they'll stay at bay and she can be both steroid- and seizure-free.
7 comments:
I CAN'T STAND IT!!! She's so stinking cute! I love the flapping arms! And the bow...my goodness. Moriah is so beautiful, she really is. I can't wait to see her again!
She makes me smile! I watched both videos over and over and I can't decide which I like better. I have to agree with Becky, I love the flapping arms. And she is rolling so well, better than Tuesday even. Wow! Love you Moriah!!! Tell Mom thanks for the videos!
yay moriah! she and charlotte would for sure be such good buddies. so glad her sunniness is coming back!
She is so beautiful! So glad to hear she is doing well! P.S. I love the flapping arms, too!
Go Moriah! I will continue to pray for you all!
Big round of applause from the Novicks!
Hi Melissa,
I am a friend of your mom. I have been asking her how Moriah have been doing. She told me about this blogger so I jumped into it. Wow, great readings. I am now fan of Moriah. Glad she is getting better. I will continue to read your blogger.
May God be with you and the family.
Bren
I showed these videos to Na'Im last night, he LOVED them. He was waving to Moriah, saying "Hiiii!" and blowing her kisses. Then he asked for more videos, so we went through your whole blogsite and watched all the old videos. She's growing up so much!
Post a Comment