Welcome to the Team Winchell blog!

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small." --Mother Teresa

Thursday, November 8, 2007

care for camden

I'd like to post this message from my sister, Becky, about the city in which they live (and work with vision and tenacity):

(from Becky) I wanted to spread the word: Tomorrow night (Friday, 11/9) at 10pm, Diane Sawyer will be airing her follow up 20/20 special on "Poverty in America". She focused on Camden, NJ and UrbanPromise Ministries, which is where my husband and I now live and where he works. Her efforts prompted "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" to build a home for one of the Camden families featured. That show will air this Sunday, 11/11 at 8pm. I encourage all of you to take some time to watch (or DVR) both shows and ask you to add Camden to your prayer list. It's a city that is very dear to my heart and as Mike and I endeavour to spread the love of Christ here, we would covet your prayer covering.

Hope you'll tune in...Jason and the boys and I saw the house while we were visiting Camden a few weeks ago, and it's amazing. Amazing to see what people can do for one another. Hope you'll tune in to learn more about poverty right here in our own States (Camden is the poorest city in our nation), and to be inspired1

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

And check out www.urbanpromiseusa.org while you're at it!